Table of Contents
- 1 Data Migration
- 2 Tools required migrating from NAV 2016 To Business Central April 2019 Release
- 3 Data Migration from Business Central April 2019 Release to Business Central 2021 Wave 2 On-Prem
- 4 It covers
- 5 Migrating Data from Business Central 2021 release Wave-2 On-Prem to Cloud
- 6 Why Move to Business Central?
- 7 It covers
As we know Business Central is re-branded of the familiar core product and will do everything that NAV does with relatively more technology enhancement and advanced cloud-native capabilities. The key objective of the data migration toolkit is to enable business organizations to upgrade from an India (IN) version of Dynamics NAV 2016 to the latest version of Business Central India. The toolkit will cover the migration of India localization data. However, to migrate any type of customization, businesses need to connect with their partner/ solution provider.
Data migration from an India (IN) version of Dynamics NAV 2016 to Business Central 2021 release wave 2 is a two-step process.
First Step: Migration of Dynamics NAV 2016 data to Business Central April 2019 release.
Second Step: Further Migration to Business Central 2021 release wave 2.
Business Central 2021 release wave 2 comes with some localization tables. . List of deprecated tables has been provided in the documentation. If any custom fields were added in these tables, then one has to manually migrate data stored in these fields.
In Business Central 2021 Release Wave 2, one needs to manually configure Customized Roles & Permissions from Dynamics NAV 2016. India (IN) localization table Ids have been changed in Business Central 2021 release wave 2. Dynamics NAV 2016 India (IN) environment, from where the data is to be migrated to Business Central, must have CU 66 and TDS 194 Hotfix.
- Dynamics NAV Development Environment (the version that matches your old database and the new version)
- Dynamics NAV Server Administration tool and/or Business Central Server Administration tool
- SQL Server Management Studio
With this upgrade, you’ll replace the C/AL base application with the new Microsoft System and Base Application extensions. The result will be a fully upgraded Business Central 2021 release wave 2 (version 19) application and platform.
- Single-tenant and multitenant deployments
- Customizations and personalization
Data migration from customized Business Central April 2019 release to Business Central 2021 Wave-2 On-Prem is divided into two sections: Application Upgrade and Data Upgrade.
- Application Upgrade- Upgrading the application code.
- Data Upgrade- Publishing, Syncing, and installing extensions.
Business organizations can come across built-in migration tools to move data to the Business Central cloud from specific product versions. Here, the setup migration assisted guide can assist you in simplifying the migration. However, connecting with a certified reseller of Business Central Partner in India can help you understand the principles and ensure successful migration as well.
The following operational bottlenecks are supporting the Upgrade to Business Central from NAV; Whether it’s a startup or an enterprise, streamlined operations are indispensable to organizational growth and business sustainability. Upgrading from NAV to Business Central help eliminate the following operational bottlenecks, which experts found very common among thriving business
- Limiting current accounting or ERP systems is one of the key business obstacles. QuickBooks with many bolt-on systems or an older ERP system might also be the reason.
- Inability to find the right data at the right time affects the entire cycle.
- Lack of operational optimization unless a new technology is introduced.
Business Central, undoubtedly, is a key step to a business’s elevating growth trajectory. It is embedded with newer functionalities, streamlines reporting process, and helps business administrators make smarter decisions.
- Project Management
- Supply Chain and more
With the introduction of Business Central in India, many SMEs are connecting with an accredited reseller of Business Central License in India to make the most of this opportunity.
inoday has won accolades for its exemplary services that have helped enterprises entail unmatched scalability and ensure business continuity. Along with offering out-of-the-box, tailored solutions to meet unique business needs, we have extended our assistance to upgrade to Business Central from NAV as well. We believe in rendering industry expertise with our decadal experience to lead the competitive edge and share good times in the long run.